Reports: Fabio Coentrao has already signed with Sporting Lisbon
Coentrao has a contract with Real Madrid until 2019 but he has reportedly sign a loan deal with Sporting last Thursday.
Fabio Coentrao has already signed a contract with Sporting Club de Portugal, according to reports in the Portuguese media. The full back agreed to the deal and signed it last Thursday as per the report in A Bola. The deal will take Coentrao to Portugal on loan but he has a contract with Real Madrid until 2019.
They have not disclosed the figures of the agreement but they already revealed that Real Madrid were willing to pay €2 million of his wages, with Portugal contributing €1 million and the 29-year-old would forego a further €500,000 of his original monthly pay packet for the move.
Coentrao has beena peripheral figure at Real Madrid in recent years but he turned into an almost non-existent figure last year as Zinedine Zidane led the club to a league and Champions League double.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass