Mexico’s Salcedo to miss rest of Confederations Cup
Carlos Salcedo has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament in Russia, after suffering a shoulder injury in Wednesday's 2-1 victory over New Zealand.
Mexico's Carlos Salcedo has been ruled out of the remainder of the Confederations Cup in Russia, after suffering a shoulder injury in Wednesday's 2-1 victory over New Zealand.
Salcedo injured in aerial collision
The 23-year-old defender came off second-best in an aerial tussle with Kiwi striker Chris Wood in the first half and landed awkwardly.
The Mexican Football Federation (FEMEXFUT) confirmed the news in a statement, with Salcedo, who recently joined German club Eintracht Frankfurt on loan from Guadalajara, due to return home. Victory means that Mexico need only a draw from their final Group A game against Russia on Saturday to secure a place in the semi-finals.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston