Mexico’s Salcedo to miss rest of Confederations Cup
Carlos Salcedo has been ruled out of the remainder of the tournament in Russia, after suffering a shoulder injury in Wednesday's 2-1 victory over New Zealand.
Mexico's Carlos Salcedo has been ruled out of the remainder of the Confederations Cup in Russia, after suffering a shoulder injury in Wednesday's 2-1 victory over New Zealand.
Salcedo injured in aerial collision
The 23-year-old defender came off second-best in an aerial tussle with Kiwi striker Chris Wood in the first half and landed awkwardly.
The Mexican Football Federation (FEMEXFUT) confirmed the news in a statement, with Salcedo, who recently joined German club Eintracht Frankfurt on loan from Guadalajara, due to return home. Victory means that Mexico need only a draw from their final Group A game against Russia on Saturday to secure a place in the semi-finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates