Yannick Carrasco is firmly on Bayern Munich’s radar. The German champions would have to make a significant outlay to capture their man, with Atlético Madrid demanding €50m for their flying winger.
Ancelotti admires Carrasco
One of the main reasons for the interest is the presence of Carlo Ancelotti in the Bayern dugout. The Italian coach rates Carrasco highly, and needs to reinforce his attack. Alexis Sánchez was discussed as a possible arrival in Bavaria, yet the interest appears to have cooled, leaving Carrasco as the main target.
The Belgian arrived in Madrid from Monaco in 2015, and has a contract at Atlético until 2022. After three fine seasons at the Calderón, Carrasco could now move on. His discontent at the end of the season was clear, following disagreements with Diego Simeone’s coaching staff. Carrasco was also unhappy with where he was being played, and with his regular substitution, for example in the clash against Alavés at Mendizorroza.
Atlético transfer ban could cause problems
Atlético Madrid’s transfer ban could be an obstacle. Los Rojiblancos cannot to sign players until the January transfer market and, as such, would be unable to reinforce the squad to compensate for Carrasco’s departure.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history