Mariano Díaz: Real Madrid striker set to sign for Lyon
Lyon's president, Jean-Michel Aulas, has told Canal+ France that he expects the forward's move to the Ligue 1 club to go through imminently.
Real Madrid striker Mariano Díaz is close to signing for Olympique Lyonnais.
Lyon president expecting to seal deal imminently
Speaking to Canal+ France on Wednesday, the Ligue 1 club's president, Jean-Michel Aulas, revealed that he expects the 23-year-old to join in the coming hours.
The Real youth product was included in Zinedine Zidane's first-team squad last season, but struggled for game time, making just eight LaLiga appearances.
On Tuesday, Real chief Florentino Pérez told esRadio that talks were taking place with Lyon over Díaz, adding: "He hasn't played and I think he'll have to leave."
Mariano to quadruple pay packet at Lyon
Real are expected to include a buy-back clause in the deal, while the Dominican international is set to net a significant pay rise at Lyon, with Cadena SER reporting that he is to earn four times his current salary in France.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement