Arda Turan will stay at Barça, his agent reiterates
Barcelona appear keen to offload the Turkish midfielder, but his agent has repeated that he will remain at Camp Nou as he still has three years on his contract.
Having secured the future of Lionel Messi, Barcelona's attention will turn to player sales. One of the prime candidates for the transfer list is thought to be Arda Turan.
The Turkish midfielder was not regularly involved during the 2016/17 season, yet his contribution was not insignificant. In all competitions, Arda scored 13 goals and registered seven assists in the 30 matches he played. Off the pitch, he retired from the Turkish national team after an altercation with a journalist.
Arda's agent indicates Barça stay
The Azulgrana want to offload Arda, but his agent has other ideas. Speaking to NTV Sport, Ahmet Bulut stated: "Arda will stay at Barcelona. He has three years on his contract, and he will be part of the pre-season training that starts on July 12. There's nothing new."
Three weeks ago, Bulut said that he had not received offers "from any club in the world" for his client, yet there is plenty of time remaining in this transfer window.
Quite apart from anything else, Arda does not yet know if he will form part of Ernesto Valverde's plans, particularly given the signing of Gerard Deulofeu.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Durant demands gold as USA beat Spain
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Can Simone Biles participate at Paris 2024 Olympics or will she retire earlier?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Asensio's extra-time winner puts Spain into the final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history