Official: Manchester United confirm Romelu Lukaku deal
Mourinho's side have reached an agreement with Everton for the Belgian striker who is set to undergo a medical today. Álvaro Morata's future is up in the air.
The rumour which has been doing the rounds for the past few days is now official - this morning, Manchester United confirmed the signing of Everton's Romelu Lukaku. The Belgian striker is due to undergo a medical revision at Carrington later today before completing his move. The club's statement read: " Manchester United is delighted to announce a fee has been agreed with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku, subject to a medical & personal terms".
Economic details of Lukaku's contract not disclosed
Details of the contract have not been disclosed although it is believed that United will pay Everton a fee of around 80 million euros for the 24-year-old. Lukaku will reinforce United's attack following Zlatan Ibrahimovic's departure and with Wayne Rooney also set to leave the club.
Álvaro Morata's future up in the air
The confirmation of Lukaku's transfer complicates the arrival of Álvaro Morata who was in line to join Mourinho's side. United have made a significant outlay for Lukaku and it looks unlikely they will spend a similar amount on another centre-forward during this transfer window. Real Madrid insist that they will not let Morata go on the cheap and are asking for a fee of 80 million euros plus a further 10 in incentives. Morata's agents are studying a number of different offers from various clubs around Europe, one of which is Chelsea.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?