“This story isn’t over…”. French newspaper L’Equipe wrote words to this effect on Sunday regarding Barcelona’s interest in Marco Verratti.
Verratti apologised for agent's statements
The Italian midfielder apologised to his club, the supporters, and his team-mates for statements made by his agent, Donato Di Campli. Di Campli described Verratti as a ‘prisoner of the emir of Qatar.’
That apology appeared to be a watershed, but L’Equipe states that PSG still hold a dim view of Verratti’s attempts to move away from Paris, and the club could sell him to Barcelona for a fee between €70m and €100m.
Barcelona move remains possible
Despite Verratti’s apology, the situation has not drastically changed. He is still considering leaving PSG, and Barça would be the most likely destination.
Josep Maria Bartomeu, the Barcelona president, has openly stated that “we want Verratti”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades