Koke: 'The Atleti staff have got stuck in to us, but it's necessary'
The homegrown midfielder discussed pre-season on the club's website, and also thanked the Mexican people for the consistent warmth of their welcomes.
Atlético Madrid have landed in Mexico. In the early hours of Wednesday morning (03:00 CET) Diego Simeone's team will face up against Toluca, in a match to commemorate the Mexican club's centenary year.
Koke accepts pre-season workload
Through the club's website, Koke gave an update on the first stage of pre-season, with Los Rojiblancos about to begin a run of pre-season friendlies ahead of the start of the LaLiga season.
"We know that these first two weeks in Los Ángeles de San Rafael are fundamental. The coaching staff have really got stuck in to us, they have demanded a lot to charge up our batteries and allow us to meet the objectives we have for the season," the academy product reasoned.
Gratitude to Mexican welcome
In addition, Koke thanked the Mexican people for their warm welcome: "The people always receive us with a lot of warmth when we come to Mexico. I hope that it will be no different this year, and that we can play a good game.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team