Real Madrid continue to scour the markets in search of football's future stars and once again have trained their sights on the Brazilian league. The club jas been closely monitoring the progress of São Paulo midfielder Lucas Fernandes since last year, according to coach Jesús Moreira.
Madrid developing report on Lucas Fernandes
Madrid's interest in the 19-year-old started after scouts were impressed with his performaces in the 2016 Under-20 Copa Libertadores. Fernandes shone at the tournament, scoring the only goal in the final against Uruguay's Liverpool. Since then Madrid have been keeping tabs on the teenager, and the club has sent a scout over to put together a report on the player in conjunction with Jesús Moreira.
It was Moreira who was one of the first to spot potential in Casemiro, who joined Real Madrid Castilla in the 2013 winter transfer window, and his input to the report will carry weight with Los Balncos' technical department. "[Madrid's scout and myself] are in contact on a regular basis. He wanted additional information on Lucas and I told him that he is a very balanced kid, very talented and he's been playing well. He's good with the ball at his feet", Moreira told Brazilian media, adding that the Spanish club have gone as far as asking how much the player is currently valued at.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues