Neymar’s move from Barcelona to PSG appears imminent, to the extent that the French club have already made contact with the local authority in Paris to organise the Brazilian star’s presentation.
PSG want to present Neymar this week
According to various sources within the French media, including L’Équipe and Europe 1, PSG have in mind that the presentation will take place this week.
In fact, mcsport.bfmtv.com suggests that the Parisian club could announce the signing before Wednesday.
Neymar presentation to be similar to Zlatan's
PSG want to organise a ‘mega presentation’ to mark Neymar’s arrival, as they did when Zlatan Ibrahimovic arrived in 2012. On that occasion, the club obtained permission to present the enigmatic Swedish forward in Place du Trocadero, before thousands of fans. According to reports in the French media, Trocadero could once again be the venue, as PSG seek a symbolic setting for the grand display of transfer-market virility.
PSG are already counting on the support of the French police, who are putting together a strategy to avoid overcrowding and traffic congestion.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues