Burnley bring in Adam Legzdins and loan out Mitchell
Burnley signed Birmingham City goalkeeper Adam Legzdins for an undisclosed fee on Tuesday to provide cover for England international Tom Heaton.
Burnley signed goalkeeper Adam Legzdins from Birmingham City for an undisclosed fee on Tuesday to provide cover for England international Tom Heaton.
Legzdins keen to gain regular minutes at Turf Moor
With Paul Robinson retiring after serving as Burnley's reserve keeper last term, Clarets manager Sean Dyche was keen to add another stopper to compete with Nick Pope to be Heaton's main deputy.
Legzdins had fallen behind David Stockdale and Tomasz Kuszczak at second-tier Birmingham and he was quick to accept the offer of a three-year deal with Premier League outfit Burnley.
Legzdins said: “Interest from someone like Burnley is something you can't ignore, no matter what the situation was at Birmingham, and after speaking to the people here I think it will be a really good fit for myself. I'm looking forward to working hard to see what happens. I'm looking forward to working with the goalkeepers that are already here”.
The 30-year-old is Dyche's fifth pre-season signing, joining Charlie Taylor, Jonathan Walters, Jack Cork and Phil Bardsley at Burnley ahead of their Premier League opener at champions Chelsea on Saturday.
Mitchell loaned to Chester
In a separate operation, Burnley loaned out Northern Ireland Under-21 goalkeeper Conor Mitchell to Chester where he will gain more regular playing time. Mitchell has been farmed out twice before - to Bradford Park Avenue and Sheffield.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game