Sampaoli leaves Higuaín out, recalls Sergio Agüero
Albiceleste coach Jorge Sampaoli has named his squad for the upcoming qualifying matches against Uruguay and Venezuela.
Jorge Sampaoli has announced his Argentina squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay (1 September) and Venezuela (6 September).
Gonzalo Higuaín left out
The headline news is that Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuaín has been left out of the squad, while Manchester City man Sergio Agüero returns.
In midfield, Atlético Madrid's Augusto Fernández returns after a long spell on the sidelines.
Domestic players not yet included
The current squad list only contains players who ply their trade outside Argentina. Domestic players including José Luis Gómez (Lanús), Javier Pinola, Jonatan Maidana (both River Plate), and Nicolás Tagliafico (Independiente) may be added.
Goalkeepers: Romero, Guzmán, and Rulli.
Defenders: Mascherano, Fazio, Otamendi, Mercado, and Pareja.
Midfielders: Banega, Biglia, Augusto Fernández, Paredes, Pizarro, Di María, Acuña, Pastore, Lanzini, and Salvio.
Forwards: Messi, Dybala, Icardi, Joaquín Correa, and Agüero.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future