Sampaoli leaves Higuaín out, recalls Sergio Agüero
Albiceleste coach Jorge Sampaoli has named his squad for the upcoming qualifying matches against Uruguay and Venezuela.
Jorge Sampaoli has announced his Argentina squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay (1 September) and Venezuela (6 September).
Gonzalo Higuaín left out
The headline news is that Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuaín has been left out of the squad, while Manchester City man Sergio Agüero returns.
In midfield, Atlético Madrid's Augusto Fernández returns after a long spell on the sidelines.
Domestic players not yet included
The current squad list only contains players who ply their trade outside Argentina. Domestic players including José Luis Gómez (Lanús), Javier Pinola, Jonatan Maidana (both River Plate), and Nicolás Tagliafico (Independiente) may be added.
Goalkeepers: Romero, Guzmán, and Rulli.
Defenders: Mascherano, Fazio, Otamendi, Mercado, and Pareja.
Midfielders: Banega, Biglia, Augusto Fernández, Paredes, Pizarro, Di María, Acuña, Pastore, Lanzini, and Salvio.
Forwards: Messi, Dybala, Icardi, Joaquín Correa, and Agüero.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series