Sampdoria place 16 million euro offer for Luciano Vietto
The Argentinean is one of the Rojiblanco players to have received the most interest from clubs in Europe during the summer transfer windowEuropa League Final 2018: Marseille vs Atlético Madrid live
Luciano Vietto doesn't figure in Diego Simeone's plans for the new season and the club is looking for an outlet for him. In Spain, Villarreal and Sevilla are keen on taking the Argentinean off Atlético's hands. In Italy, Vietto is believed to have received a concrete offer. Il Secolo XIX report that Sampdoria have already placed a 16 million euro offer on the table which Atlético are studying.
Atlético would use Vietto money to finance Diego Costa's return
The offer is certainly appealing to Atlético as the money would be used to close the operation to bring Diego Costa back to the club. Costa told the Daily Mail yesterday that his only wish is to return to Madrid to rejoin Atleti that he is being treated "like a criminal" by Chelsea. "I am waiting for Chelsea to set me free. I didn't want to leave. I was happy. When the manager does not want you, you have to go", he explained. Costa is waiting for Chelsea to lower their asking price for him but if Atlético can sell Vietto, he could be heading back to Spain within the next few days.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series