Villarreal snap up Carlos Bacca on loan from AC Milan
The Colombia international, who spent two seasons at Sevilla, has returned to LaLiga on a season-long deal with a purchase option.
Colombia forward Carlos Bacca has agreed a one-year loan deal to join Villarreal from Serie A side AC Milan, the Yellow Submarine confirmed on Tuesday. The striker, who bagged 49 goals in 108 games for Sevilla during a two-year spell at the Sánchez Pizjuán, will undergo a medical on Wednesday and could make his debut against Levante this weekend.
Bacca back in LaLiga
Villarreal were in the market for a striker after Roberto Soldado’s move to Fenerbahçe and have the option to make the deal permanent at the end of the 2017-18 campaign. The club are expected to make an official announcement later on Tuesday.
Sevilla had also been in talks to bring Bacca back to the Sánchez Pizjuán but Villarreal beat the Colombian’s former club to the line. Bacca will form part of a front line at the Céramica that also includes Cédric Bakambu, Nicola Sansone and Enes Ünal.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA