Sevilla to fill left-back slot with Sporting Clube's Marvin Zeegelaar
The Sporting Clube de Portugal left-back is set to join the Anadalucians in a three million euro deal. He will be an alternative to first choice Sergio Escudero.
Sevilla president José Castro confirmed this morning that the club is close to completing the signing of Dutch left-back Marvin Zeegelaar from Lisbon's Sporting Clube de Portugal for three million euros. That was backed up by El Desmarque, who report that an agreement is in place with the player.
Sevilla rule out Arana and Alberto Moreno
The addition of Zeegelaar would be the final piece in the jigsaw as Director of Sport Óscar Arias aims to have the squad closed by this week - while Sevilla remain hopeful of convincing Stevan Jovetic to return. Arias has opted for an international full-back who is capable of going forward to boost the team's options in attack. Zeegelaarwas chosen ahead of two other names that were brought up: Corinthians' Guilherme Arana and Liverpool's Alberto Moreno.
Fabio Coentrão's arrival at Sporting has seen Zeegelaar fall down the pecking order which has accelerated his expected departure.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?