Jesé Rodríguez: Stoke City sign PSG winger on loan
The former Real Madrid forward, 24, has joined the Premier League club on a season-long loan deal, it has been announced.
Premier League club Stoke City have completed the signing of Paris Saint-Germain's Spanish winger Jesé Rodríguez on a season-long loan deal.
Jesé seals Stoke loan move after passing medical
The Potters confirmed Jesé's arrival on Wednesday morning after the Real Madrid youth product successfully came through a medical at the bet365 Stadium.
The 24-year-old's temporary switch is not understood to include a purchase option.
Jesé moved to PSG from Real in August 2016, but has had a disappointing time in Ligue 1 and spent the second half of last term on loan at hometown club Las Palmas.
Stoke CEO: "We're delighted Jesé has chosen to join us"
"Jesé was a man in demand when PSG made it clear they would allow him to leave on loan and we're delighted he has chosen to join us," said Stoke chief executive Tony Scholes.
"He hasn’t had the happiest of periods in his career in Paris but he's still only a young man and is hungry to make a big impression in the Premier League."
If Jesé makes his Stoke debut in Saturday's league clash at home to Arsenal, he could come up against ex-Schalke 04 defender Sead Kolasinac, under whose challenge he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament tear in action for Real in March 2014.
He is Stoke's sixth summer recruit after Darren Fletcher, Kurt Zouma, Maxim Choupa-Moting, Bruno Martins Indi and Josh Tymon.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream