Dembéle: Barça "not a millimetre closer" - Borussia Dortmund CEO
Hans-Joachim Watzke has scotched comments by Barcelona director Pep Segura that the LaLiga club are "close" to signing Ousmane Dembélé.
Borussia Dortmund's CEO has contradicted remarks by Barcelona director Pep Segura that Los Azulgranas are near to sealing the signing of Ousmane Dembélé.
The LaLiga giants have targeted Dembélé and Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho as they seek to replace winger Neymar, who joined Paris Saint-Germain this month.
Segura says Dembélé, Coutinho "close" to Barcelona
And speaking after the Catalans' Spanish Super Cup defeat to Real Madrid on Wednesday night, Segura declared: "We're discussing the conditions for [the transfers of] Coutinho and Dembélé. They're close."
However, Hans-Joachim Watzke was categorical on the progress of Barça's pursuit of the Frenchman, for whom they had a bid rejected by Dortmund last week.
"Barcelona want to sign Dembélé, but at the moment they are not even a millimetre closer," said Watzke in quotes published by Kicker on Thursday.
Dembélé suspended by Dortmund
Dembéle, 20, has been suspended by Dortmund after failing to report for training last Thursday amid Barça's interest in taking him to the Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy