Griezmann: Atlético to challenge referee's match report
Atleti do not believe that referee Martínez Munuera's match report accurately reflects what happened in the LaLiga opening day draw with Girona.
Atlético Madrid will lodge a complaint about referee Juan Martínez Munuera’s report of the opening day draw with Girona.
Atlético to question Griezmann dive
Martínez Munuera sent off Antoine Griezmann in the second half of the match at the Estadi Montilivi on Saturday evening. The Frenchman initially received a yellow card for simulation in the box. Upon then calling the referee a ‘fucking bottler’, he was promptly shown a straight red card.
The referee wrote in his match report that he showed the initial yellow card for simulation. Atleti, however, do not believe that the French striker dived. Los Rojiblancos also find it curious that Martínez Munuera’s report did not mention the fact that Griezmann had apologised for his misdemeanour after the match.
Griezmann to miss two matches
The 26-year-old is likely to be banned for two matches, which would rule him out of Atlético’s away matches against Las Palmas and Valencia. Griezmann is the cornerstone of Atleti’s attack, and his absence poses questions for Diego Simeone.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7