Mayweather and McGregor are fighting for the Money Belt
The fighters in Saturday's big match up will be battling for a specially created belt, featuring an appropriately excessive amount of jewels and gold.
Mayweather v McGregor is, in terms of money, the biggest fight ever, with Mayweather possibly earning $300 million and McGregor clearing $100 million. And the organisers have decided to ensure the belt the fighters will be battling for is at the same level, in cash terms anyway.
Alligator leather, diamonds, sapphires, emeralds...
The Italian-crafted alligator-leather belt was presented by WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman at the final press conference before the self-styled once in a lifetime fight spectacle on Saturday night in Las Vegas, and features the following:
1.5 kg of gold
Mayweather, who has an unbeaten 49-0 record, takes on the UFC champion on Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena. As the organisers say: "Fists will fly and worlds will collide as the most disciplined and fundamentally sound fighter in the history of boxing steps into the ring with one of the most impressive MMA fighters to ever carry the title of UFC Champion."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series