Mayweather vs McGregor: Weigh-in live
The most eagerly anticipated fight of the century is almost here... will Conor McGregor make weight for the super-welterweight battle? Ryder Cup 2018 final day: Europe vs USA, Sunday singles
Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor will weigh-in 24 hours ahead of their super-welterweight fight on Saturday night in Las Vegas (starting around 5am CEST).
The big question, apart from what antics the two fighters will get up to at the weigh-in ceremony, is whether Conor McGregor will make the 154 lb (70 kg) limit. Mayweather has claimed his Irish opponent could be up to 10 pounds too heavy, but that won't stop the fight, with Mayweather happy to invoke the over-weight clause in the contract that will see McGregor have to keep up a slice of the purse for having been unable to shift the weight.
Mayweather wants the money
“I think he’s 164 so he’s still got 10 pounds to go" said Mayweather. "I get that extra money if you can’t make the weight. Get those extra millions ready. UFC get those extra millions ready. You got to get that weight down like a true champion. A true champion is disciplined and very responsible but we’ll see. I don’t think he’s going to make the weight. If he don’t make the weight, we still going to fight but there’s going to be a heavy fine. Give me that money.”
Follow Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor weigh-in live
Live coverage of the weigh-in from midnight CEST:
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?