Agüero in trouble after security guard claims City striker hit him
The Argentinean forward faces a police probe after a Vitality Stadium steward said he was the victim of aggression during last-minute melée.
Manchester City forward Sergio Agüero could find himself the subject of a police investigation after a steward at the Vitality Stadium claimed the Argentina international hit him during wild celebrations following Raheem Sterling’s winning goal as Pep Guardiola’s side eked out a 2-1 Premier League victory against Bournemouth.
Agüero accused of aggression
Agüero was seen to square up to security guards and a police officer at the tail end of the match on the South Coast and the constabulary later took a statement from a Bournemouth steward who claimed he has been on the receiving end of a punch from the City striker during the visiting side’s celebrations after Sterling’s 97th-minute decider. After the goal, Agüero and his teammates made for the stands and the ground’s security contingent were forced to intervene.
Sterling was sent off for his over-exuberant reaction to hitting the back of the net and the game finally ran into a 100th minute after the restart due to the incidents following the goal.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher