Fuenlabrada invite Juan Carlos I of Spain to Copa del Rey clash
The third-division club have invited the former King, who abdicated in 2014, by letter to their Copa del Rey clash against Mérida.
CF Fuenlabrada want to mark their first ever Copa del Rey match in their own stadium with royal company.
Fuenlabrada invite Juan Carlos I to the Fernando Torres
The Segunda B side have invited Juan Carlos I of Spain to the Estadio Fernando Torres for the Copa del Rey match against Mérida on September 6.
Fuenla delivered the invitation by letter to the Palace of Zarzuela, where Juan Carlos resides following his abdication from the throne in 2014. He had reigned over Spain since 1975, the same year that Fuenlabrada was founded. Yet the connection goes deeper. When Juan Carlos I arrived in Spain for the first time in 1969, the train travelling from Lisbon pulled in to Fuenlabrada station as its destination.
Fuenla await a response
For the moment, there has been no response to the third-division club's invitation. But they will continue to wait, if in hope rather than expectation.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history