Marcelo sent off for kicking Lerma
The Real Madrid defender will be suspended after lashing out at the Levante player in the closing stages of the match at the Bernabéu.
Marcelo received a straight red card in the 88th minute of Real Madrid's 1-1 draw against Levante at the Bernabéu this afternoon, Saturday 9 September, on matchday 3 of LaLiga.
Straight red for Marcelo
With Real Madrid throwing everything at Levante in the closing stages of the game to try and grab a winner, Marcelo ran through into the box and got his shot off before clashing with Lerma. As the Real Madrid player fell he swung out with his boot at the Levante player and an eagle-eyed referee, Alejandro José Hernández Hernández, spotted the infraction and sent the player straight off.
Marcelo could be suspended for up to four games for the sending off, but the referee's report makes it appear likely that he will receive the minimum sentence of a two game ban for a straight red, with the ref not making any mention of violent conduct, but merely having "kicked out".
That would mean either a two or three game ban, with precedent indicating the former more likely. Real Madrid's next games are Real Sociedad away, Betis at home, Alavés away and Real Madrid v Espanyol.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?