Joaquín: "Betis will go to the Bernabéu to win"
The Verdiblanco captain, who has started the season in vintage form, says that his side will remain true to their style against Real Madrid.
Joaquín will lead Real Betis out at the Bernabéu on Wednesday night with the Sevilla-based side seeking a first win in Real Madrid’s stadium in 20 seasons.
On that occasion, in 1997-98 when Betis took all three points in a 1-0 victory courtesy of Finidi George’s winner, Joaquín was still in the youth ranks and had to make his debut for the club, Now 36, the winger is in his third season of a second spell at the club and has rolled back the years in the early exchanges in LaLiga with some vintage displays, including a double in the 4-2 win over Depor in Riazor.
Joaquín: "We'll go without fear and with our heads high"
That victory, Joaquín said, “will allow us to go to the Bernabéu and to try not to lose our identity, with all respect because we are talking about Real Madrid and they are in a good moment. But we have to go there with our minds clear and play our game.
“We know that even if we play a fantastic game maybe things won’t come off the way we want them to. But we’ll go there without fear and with our heads high because we’re a team that always has to go for the win.”
Real Madrid vulnerable at home
Real have been short of their usual ominous form at home this season, dropping points in consecutive home matches against Valencia and Levante, lending Betis some encouragement as they try to reverse a trend that has seen them fail to pick up a single point in the Bernabéu since February 2007.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds