Valencia boss Marcelino García Toral admitted he's "getting on" after suffering a hamstring injury as he celebrated his side's winner at Real Sociedad on Sunday.
Valencia defeat Real Sociedad to continue good LaLiga start
Earlier, the hosts had twice pegged Valencia back, with strikes by Rodrigo Moreno and Nacho Vidal cancelled out by Aritz Elustondo and Mikel Oyarzabal, respectively.
Valencia manager Marcelino injured himself celebrating Zaza's winner against Real Sociedad. Hamstring? pic.twitter.com/dHHQhYvzlx— Robbie Dunne (@robbiejdunne) 24 September 2017
Marcelino: "It's not a problem if it's the coach!"
Marcelino appeared to be in some pain after television replays showed the 52-year-old pull up clutching the back of his thigh as Valencia's bench jumped up in reaction to Zaza's goal.
He was able to see the funny side of the incident post-match, quipping: "As long as it's only me getting injured - it's not a problem if it's the coach!
"I pulled it [the muscle] quite hard. I'm getting on a bit, after all. Those are situations in which I should control myself better. I've come away with a bit of a limp."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'