Getafe's Gaku Shibasaki out for two months after surgery
Getafe's Japanese star was unable to avoid a trip to the operating table after suffering a hairline break to the fifth metatarsal in his left foot.
Just 16 days after suffering the injury in Getafe's league game against Barcelona, Gaku Shibasaki has undergone an operation to stitch together a fractured bone in his left foot, after which he will spend the next two months on the sidelines.
The Madrid-based club confirmed this morning that the Japanese player has suffered a fractue to the fifth metatarsal in his left foot. Medical staff had hoped that Gaku would respond to conservative treatment but that hasn't been the case and doctors advised that a trip to the operating table was the only option. Getafe report that the operation was a "complete success".
Gaku Shibasaki on the mend after surgery
Gaku's rehabilitation will last a minimum of seven weeks which means he will miss Getafe's next five league games - against Real Madrid, Levante, Real Sociedad and Betis; as well as the Copa del Rey Round of 32 first leg tie against Alavés. If he manages to prove doctors wrong and return ahead of time, Gaku might be able to return for the return leg against Alavés but more likely he will be back in action at the start of December. Up until his injury, Gaku was a first choice for Geta coach José Bordalás and became the sixth Japanese player to score in Spain's top division in the match against Barça on 16 September.
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants