Bad news for Gareth Bale, the Welsh national football team and Real Madrid with the news that the Cardiff born player will be out of action for at least a month after tests showed a tissue tear in the player's calf muscle. This has been compounded with the earlier hamstring problem the player was carrying from the recent Champions League tie in Dortmund.
At present there is no definitive date for a comeback with early indication suggesting the player will be out of action for "at least a month". He's already been ruled out of the Welsh trip to Georgia and key home game against the Republic of Ireland next week. If Wales manages to secure second place and a possible Russia 2018 play-off place there is a feasibility that the 28 year old would be able to feature in the November 9th and 14th scheduled games.
As things stand Bale looks set to miss at least six games for Real Madrid (both Champions League games against former club Tottenham), the Fuenlabrada Copa del Rey tie and the three league games against Getafe, Eibar and Girona.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online