Man arrested in Israel for approaching Isco with a knife
Six Israeli supporters who ran onto the pitch at Teddy Stadium after last night's match in Jerusalem, were arrested by local police.
Six Israeli fans who ran onto the pitch after last night's 2018 World Cup qualifying match between Israel and Spain in Jerusalem, were arrested by local police. One of the six was carrying a knife and approached Real Madrid midfielder Isco Alarcón.
Six arrested for pitch invasion during Israel-Spain match
The six fans made their way onto the pitch at Teddy Stadium once the final whistle had blown and one was separated from the rest and was seen making his way towards Spain's No.22 brandishing a knife, Israeli media reported today.
Suspect approached Isco carrying a knife
"One of the suspects tried to get near Isco. As he made his way towards the player, the knife fell out of his hands; he was apprehended by police before he could get close to Isco", The Times of Israel reported.
Police spokeman Micky Rosenfeld told EFE that Spain's players were not under any threat of danger at any point while they were present at Teddy Stadium. "There was no security incidents. The usual security measures were implemented last night - before, during and after the game", he explained
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats