Iago Aspas two goals away from hitting 100-mark for Celta
The Moaña-born striker is on 98 goals for the Galicians. He is the sixth top goal scorer in club history, and just five goals away from equalling Rogelio.
Throughout his career, Iago Aspas has never done things by halves. He hit a brace on his debut at Balaídos which helped Celta avoid dropping down a division to the Segunda B and he memorably capped his international debut with Spain by curling one into the top corner against England at Wembley. On Monday, he made his 250th appearance for the Celtiñas against Las Palmas - and hit a hat trick.
Aspas, close to his century
Those three goals at Estadio de Gran Canaria puts Aspas on the brink of scoring a century of goals for the Galicians. He is on 98 and is now the sixth top goal scorer in Celta's history. Once he reaches 100, he will have the tallies of other club legends in his sites: Rogelio (103), Gudelj (111) and Hermidita (113).
Aspas' exhibition against Las Palmas strengthen the argument for those who feel his better deployed in a central, deep-lying role. Until now, Juan Carlos Unzué has been playing him out wide on the right but with Maxi Gómez out suspended, he was moved into the middle for the Las Palmas game. To great effect...
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59