Atlético monitoring Inter Milan centre-back Skriniar
Simeone and his technical team are aware that they are short-staffed at the back with Giménez, Savic and Lucas as the team's only alternatives.
He's already earning a name for himself in Serie A and, according to sources in Italy, caught the eye of Atlético Madrid. Slovakian centre-back Milan Škriniar has carved out a first choice place in the side with Inter Milan and the national team. He is also one of the priorities Atlético have lined up for next season. Italian website Calciomercato.it report that the Spanish club made enquiries during the summer but it looks like they will have a job on their hands as Inter consider the talented 22-year-old untouchable.
Atlético keen to recover aerial strength at the back
Since the start of the new season, Simeone and his technical staff have been aware that there are holes to be filled in central defence which is why the likes of Giménez., Savic and Lucas have been drafted in to fill either of the two central positions. Atleti want to return to be the solid, defensive team of seasons gone by and make sure that opponents don't punish them with high balls into the box. The five goals the team has conceded so far in LaLiga have all come from headers. Reports on Škriniar have been excellent and those close to the player say he would be open to furthering his career in the Spanish game.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash