Fernando Torres has taken the decision to leave Atlético Madrid in the January transfer window, according to El Larguero.
Torres and Simeone lacking chemistry
The Fuenlabrada-born striker is not thought to feel much warmth towards Diego Simeone, while the arrival of Diego Costa from Chelsea will further limit his playing time in 2018.
Given that Costa's arrival is ostensibly a contributary factor to Torres' decision to leave his boyhood club, there is a cruel irony to the fact that the Brazil-born striker has been using Torres' gym as he seeks to gain match fitness.
Torres returned for a second spell at Atlético in 2015, initally on loan from AC Milan. He had a successful spell with Liverpool, before stuttering at Chelsea and subsequently moving on to Serie A. The 33-year-old has offers from the United States and China to move in January.
No goals this season for El Niño
Torres has played 332 minutes for Los Rojiblancos this season, divided across six LaLiga matches, three Champions League matches, and a Copa del Rey tie. He is yet to score this campaign, and only made the starting line-up for the league opener against Girona, and last week's Copa match away to Elche.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS School shooting in Oxford, Michigan: what are the gun laws in the state?
- CORONAVIRUS Omicorn: global tracking of new covid-19 variant
- US NEWS Is the federal government going to shut down?
- NFL Who are the most hated NFL teams?
- NBA LeBron James was put in COVID protocol, but is he vaccinated?
- NBA Suns outshine Warriors and Curry accepts responsibility