Cavani concedes as Neymar is now official PSG penalty taker
The Uruguayan international confirmed that he will no longer take spot-kicks for the Ligue 1 outfit and the task now falls to Neymar.
A debate which started at PSG back on September 19 as Neymar and Cavani tussled over who was to take a penalty-kick in a home clash against Olympique Lyon has finally come to conclusion.
After yesterday's 4-1 home win over Nantes, the Uruguayan striker spoke to members of the media and stated that “Neymar will take the next penalty kick". Upon being questioned if the decision was established by the players of from 'above', the player replied that the verdict was made by first team coach Unai Emery.
Cavani responded to the questions with a stern manner adding. “Neymar is a successful player and who knows well how to manage pressure. We don't necessarily have to be friends but it's important to work well on the pitch”.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass