Dortmund keen on Atlético Madrid target Lautaro Martínez
Scouts from the Bundesliga side were present at La Bombonera to run the rule over the highly rated Argentina under-20 international.
Borussia Dortmund sent scouts to watch Racing Club striker Lautaro Martínez in action against Boca Juniors in La Bombonera and will have returned to Germany with a glowing report after the Argentina under-20 international scored one and provided another in a 2-1 victory.
Atlético deal for Lautaro
Atlético Madrid have a long-standing interest in the striker and seemed to be in pole position to sign him but the involvement of the Bundesliga club may scupper the deal. The Colchoneros reportedly hammered out a 12 million euro agreement with Racing for Lautaro but Racing may now decide to hold out for a larger fee amid interest from Monaco and the Premier League.
Atlético were expected to allow the 20-year-old to remain in Argentina for another year, potentially on loan at Boca, where he would also be able to compete in the Copa Libertadores. In any case, Lautaro’s future will not be decided before presidential elections at Racing on December 10.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness