Emery on Neymar's late nights: "It's normal; he's young"
The PSG coach was speaking ahead of the Champions League match against Celtic: "He's responsible and he knows he has to relax on Sundays."
Unai Emery spoke to the press ahead of PSG’s match against Celtic in Paris and, as has become customary this season, was asked about his world record signing Neymar.
On this occasion, the question revolved around the Brazilian’s penchant for late nights and reports that he had been out carousing on Saturday and into the early hours of Sunday.
“He’s a young player and he’s responsible, but outside of football he likes to go out with his friends and that’s perfectly normal,” Emery said. “He knows he has to rest on Sundays. He was with us yesterday and today and he’s fine.”
Neymar filling column inches in Paris
Neymar has been making headlines ever since his 222-million-euro move to the Parc des Princes last summer, as much for his perceived discontent in Paris as his performances on the pitch. A very public spat with Edinson Cavani over penalty-taking duties appears to have been resolved in the Brazilian’s favour and Neymar stressed during a tearful press conference while on international duty that reports of a rift with Emery were false.
In any case, there can be few complaints about Neymar’s input on the pitch, the forward chipping in with 11 goals and nine assists in 13 games since his transfer from Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?