Burgos send appeal to fans to help clear snow from pitch
The Segunda B side asked for supporters to turn up early to help make the pitch playable ahead of the game against Barakaldo on Sunday.
Segunda B side Burgos CF sent an appeal out to home supporters to get to the Estadio Municipal de El Plantío as early as possible on Sunday to lend a hand in clearing a blanket of snow from the pitch ahead of the side’s game against Barakaldo at 17:00.
⚠️ Tras inspeccionar el terreno del juego, todas las partes hemos decidido jugar el partido. Para ello, el BCF hace un llamamiento a toda su afición para que todo el que pueda se acerque con la mayor prontitud posible al El Plantío para ayudar a retirar la nieve acumulada.— Burgos C.F. (@Burgos_CF) 3 de diciembre de 2017
“After inspecting the pitch all parties have decided to play the fixture. As such, BCF calls on all of its fans who are able to come as early as possible to El Plantío to help remove the snow on the pitch,” the club said on its official Twitter account.
Burgos boss and fitness coach lead by example
Burgos manager Patxi Salinas and fitness coach David Carnero were the first to pick up a shovel and get stuck into the white stuff. The call was quickly picked up by Burgos fans and half the snow had been removed from the pitch with four hours to go until kick-off.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Parents charged after Michigan school shooting: what is involuntary manslaughter?
- NFL What are the most common injuries in NFL?
- SOCCER Real Madrid: Ancelotti encourages Mbappé to follow his dreams
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale close to making Real Madrid return
- BARCELONA Barcelona hoping to offload Samuel Umtiti in January
- NBA Jordan, Shaq, Harden... The players who led to NBA rule changes