Antoine Griezmann suffers Grade I hamstring injury and will miss Betis game
The French striker finished the Chelsea game with an injury to his right thigh, he faces a week on the sidelines but should return against Alavés.
Antoine Griezmann will miss Sunday's away trip to Real Betis after picking up a minor injury to his right hamstring during Tuesday's 1-1 draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
Scan reveals Grade 1 injury
Atlético issued a medical update on Wednesday evening which stated that tests had been run to determine the extent of the pains Griezmann experienced on completing the full 90 minutes against Chelsea.The club said simply that the player's return depended on "the evolution of the injury over the course of the next few days". However, AS understands that the MRI scan which Griezmann underwent detected a Grade I injury to the right hamstring muscle. It is not a serious injury but he is sure to sit out the Betis game and will likely return to first team duties next week. He should be available for the Alavés game at the Wanda Metropolitano on 16 December but that depends on his recovery.
Atlético out of the Champions League
Atlético dropped out of the Champions League in the group stage for the first time since the 2009-10 season with the draw in London.
Diego Simeone's side needed a victory at Stamford Bridge, and for Qarabag to hold Roma in Italy. Neither of those desired results materialised.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds