Joaquín buys Betis shares and throws hat in to the ring for club presidency
The 36-year-old club captain spoke about his long-term plans at Real Betis, and also provided an update on his contract situation.
On Thursday evening Real Betis announced the list of individuals who have bought shares in the club. Club captain Joaquín was one of the names that appeared, along with former managers Lorenzo Serra Ferrer and Gabriel Calderón.
Joaquín's Betis love affair
Joaquín's relationship with the club is special. He emerged through the academy at Betis and has always wanted to retain a link with Los Béticos.
Speaking to Canal Sur Radio on Thursday, the 36-year-old spoke about his long-term ambitions at the Benito Villamarín.
"Of course I'd like to be the Betis president," he said, "I'm happy as a player, but you never know about the future. My dream is to continue to be part of this club for life."
No news on contract renewal
He also discussed a possible contract renewal. "We have spoken about staying on, but there is nothing to announce. I don't want to distract myself, the main thing at the moment is the team, and turning this situation around."
Real Betis are without a win in six league matches, a run that has seen them slide down the LaLiga table after making a flying start through Quique Setién.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA