Lucas Barrios has played his last game for Gremio
According to the Brazilian press, the forward has offers from Chilean outfit Colo Colo and clubs in China and Russia but the player insists talks have yet to start.
Paraguayan striker Lucas Barrios is set to leave Grêmio; he played his last game for the Brazilians in Saturday's FIFA Club World Cup final against Real Madrid as he himself confirmed after the game.
Gremio's belief made defeat to Madrid worse, says Barrios
Barrios, who was born in Argentina but who is a naturalized Paraguayan citizen, told local media that he has not reached an agreement with Grêmio to renew his contract which leaves him free to negotiate with other clubs. "I knew that the Club World Cup final would be my final game for Grêmio", explained the 33-year-old forward, who started yesterday's match against Real Madrid and was replaced by Jael Ferreira on 63 minutes.
Barrios to mull over offers from Chile, Russia and China
According to Brazilian media, Barrios has offers on the table from Chilean side Colo Colo and unspecified clubs in China and Russia, but the player says that negotiations with other clubs have yet to start. "I will analyze what's on offer but right now, I'm only thinking about getting some rest", he said.
As for Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Real Madrid, Barrios explained Grêmio simply couldn't "create and develop" their game against "the best side in the world", and added: "We really believed we had a chance to beat them and that's why we all feel a bit downhearted".
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22