Jordi Alba in Barcelona squad for El Clásico against Real Madrid
Meanwhile, winger Gerard Deulofeu has not made it back from a knee injury for the LaLiga match at the Bernabéu on Saturday lunchtime.
Barcelona today trained for the final time before facing Real Madrid on Saturday, with Jordi Alba going through his paces as normal and able to take his place in the Blaugrana's 18-man squad for El Clásico.
Jordi Alba included, Deulofeu doesn't travel
Having had to train alone due to a muscle strain suffered against Deportivo La Coruña last weekend, Alba only rejoined the first-team group on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Gerard Deulofeu - who missed the Depor clash with a knee injury - has been left out of the travelling party despite suggestions that he would take pain-killing injections to be available to coach Ernesto Valverde.
Rafinha Alcántara and Ousmane Dembélé, who are back in training as they return from long-term injuries, are not in the squad, and Samuel Umtiti remains out with a torn hamstring.
Barcelona's expected XI to face Real Madrid:
Barring any surprises, it is expected that Valverde's starting XI at the Bernabéu will be: Ter Stegen; Sergi Roberto, Piqué, Vermaelen, Jordi Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Paulinho, Iniesta; Messi, Suárez.
Barcelona's squad for El Clásico:
Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Semedo, Aleix Vidal, Piqué, Mascherano, Vermaelen, Jordi Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, Busquets, Rakitic, Paulinho, André Gomes, Iniesta, Denis Suárez, Messi, Luis Suárez.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history