Atlético Madrid forward Luciano Vietto is to be loaned to Sporting CP in the January transfer window, according to a report in Portugal.
Sporting CP to have 10m-euro purchase option on Vietto
A Bola says the two clubs are on the verge of sealing a deal that will see Vietto join Sporting until the end of the season, with the Lisbon outfit also negotiating a 10-million-euro summer purchase option on the 24-year-old.
The Argentine has struggled to force his way into Atlético head coach Diego Simeone's first-team plans this term, making only 10 appearances in all competitions and so far failing to find the net.
Joined Atlético in 2014 but loaned to Sevilla last season
Vietto arrived in LaLiga from Racing Club de Avellaneda in 2014, scoring 20 times for Villarreal in a successful maiden campaign in Spain.
A year later, he was snapped up by Atleti for 20m euros, but spent 2016/17 on loan at Sevilla after hitting just three goals in his first season with Los Rojiblancos.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze
- OLYMPIC GAMES Which Olympic boxer has won the most medals?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Megan Rapinoe could retire from USWNT after Olympic campaign