New York City sign Manchester City target Jesus Medina
New York City have signed Paraguay international Jesus Medina on a four-year deal, the 20-year-old having been linked with Manchester City.
Manchester City target Jesus Medina has moved a step closer to Pep Guardiola's squad by signing with sister club New York City.
Medina has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester after impressing with Club Libertad in his native Paraguay, but will begin his time with City Football Group in MLS.
The 20-year-old becomes New York's third designated player after signing a four-year contract, his move subject to him obtaining a visa.
New York head coach Patrick Vieria is excited to have Medina in his ranks for the new season and expects him to have a big impact.
"We are really delighted that we have managed to bring Jesus to the football club because we believe that he's a special talent," said Vieira.
"Jesus has got talent, he's got pace, he's a really good dribbler, and he's somebody who can assist and score goals as well. For a player of such a young age, he has a really strong character and I think he will be a great addition."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?