New York City sign Manchester City target Jesus Medina
New York City have signed Paraguay international Jesus Medina on a four-year deal, the 20-year-old having been linked with Manchester City.
Manchester City target Jesus Medina has moved a step closer to Pep Guardiola's squad by signing with sister club New York City.
Medina has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester after impressing with Club Libertad in his native Paraguay, but will begin his time with City Football Group in MLS.
The 20-year-old becomes New York's third designated player after signing a four-year contract, his move subject to him obtaining a visa.
New York head coach Patrick Vieria is excited to have Medina in his ranks for the new season and expects him to have a big impact.
"We are really delighted that we have managed to bring Jesus to the football club because we believe that he's a special talent," said Vieira.
"Jesus has got talent, he's got pace, he's a really good dribbler, and he's somebody who can assist and score goals as well. For a player of such a young age, he has a really strong character and I think he will be a great addition."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In