Benzema the only absence from Real Madrid training
The French striker came back injured from holiday and didn't train on the grass with the rest of his teammates ahead of the Copa del Rey game against Numancia.
Real Madrid are back at work and completed their first training session of 2018 after the New Year break, as they get ready for their trip on Thursday to Soria, where they face Numancia in the last 16 of the Copa del Rey.
Moha trains, Benzema absent
Zinedine Zidane's players were out at Real Madrid's training ground at Valdebebas, and according to the club, the coach once again had Juvenil A goalkeeper Moha training with the senior players. The only absence was Karim Benzema, who came back from holiday with a hamstring niggle and continues his recovery process.
Zidane set up a training circuit which combined a work out with ball work, before focusing on possession with the ball and pressing without. There was also time for some mini-games in reduced spaces to improve vision, reflexes, passing, movement and general football skills.
Real Madrid: Copa then LaLiga
Tomorrow, Wednesday, sees Real Madrid's final training session ahead of Thursday's game at Los Pajaritos (21:00 CET). Real Madrid then play their first game in LaLiga on Sunday against Celta at Balaídos.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises