Chongqing Lifan snap up Fernandinho on free transfer from Gremio
Copa Libertadores champions Gremio have lost forward Fernandinho on a free transfer, with Chongqing Lifan the side to benefit.
Chongqing Lifan have secured the signing of Fernandinho on a free transfer from Copa Libertadores champions Gremio.
Fernandinho starred for Gremio against Lanús
The attacker scored nine goals in 28 Campeonato Brasileiro appearances in 2017 and started seven of Gremio's 13 continental games - including both legs of the final against Lanús in November - as the Porto Alegre club lifted the title. He later featured against Real Madrid in the final of the Club World Cup in Abu Dhabi.
Fernandinho had been with Gremio since July 2014, a spell which included unsuccessful loan stints with Italian side Verona and Flamengo.
Brazilian community at Chongqing Lifan
The 32-year-old should have some assistance with regards to settling in at the Chinese Super League club, as he will join three other Brazilians in Hyuri, Alan Kardec and another Fernandinho, while Portuguese coach Paulo Bento took over in December.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August