Vietto to sign with Valencia: "Marcelino was key"
The Argentina arrives on loan with an option to buy at Valencia and could be ready to play against Girona provided they get the paperwork completed.
Luciano Vietto has arrived in Valencia. The Argentine striker will sign for los Che until the end of the season from Atlético Madrid where he failed to impress during his two and a half seasons at the club (he spent a season on loan at Sevilla to with similar results). He will sign on loan with the option to buy set at €14 million but that fee is not mandatory.
The Argentine said Marcelino's call was "very important" to his decision and the club will announce the deal after the medical takes place. They will present their new player when the team arrives back from the Canary Islands where they play Las Palmas in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday night as Antil Murthy travelled with the squad for the game.
Ortega, Aimar, Banega, Chori y Enzo
Vietto joins a long list of Valencia signings of Argentinian descent along with Ariel Ortega, Pablo Aimar, Ever Banega, Chori Domínguez and Enzo Pérez.
"I am very happy. I really wanted to go to Valencia, I want to come here," said the 24-year-old. "I hope to give my best for his side (Marcelino) and improve it too," he continued.
He is expected to be registered in time for the Girona at the weekend as the club hope to speed up the bureaucratic process of signing the player. Simeone Zaza is out and Vietto might be called upon to feature at some stage of the encounter.
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid