Diego Costa sent off for celebrating with fans in the stands
The striker's dramatic return to LaLiga was cut short when he was handed a second booking just moments after scoring Atleti's second goal of the afternoon.
It's almost as if he's never been away. Diego Costa made his return to LaLiga in spectacular fashion this afternoon - a moment he has been waiting months for, since the FIFA tranfer ban was lifted earlier this week. Costa even celebrated his first league game back by hitting Atlético's second goal of the afternoon against Getafe only to go an ruin it all by getting himself sent off just seconds later.
Two bookings and a goal in seven minutes
The striker was already in the book for a wayward elbow, striking Djené in the face on 61 minutes then was shown another yellow card for racing over and running up steps to be with Atleti fans in the south stand at the Wanda Metropolitano which match official Munuera Montero considered to be 'excessive celebrations'.
Costa, Gabi and Savic to miss Eibar game
It is Costa's send red card in LaLiga - he has been sent off just once previously, during his time with Valladolid in 2010. It means he'll miss next Saturday's away trip to Eibar - as will Gabi and Savic who picked up their fifth bookings today in a very tense meeting with Getafe.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?