Vicente Guaita: Watford and Palace target on the bench against Atlético
The Getafe 'keeper was a substitute at the Wanda Metropolitano amid interest from the Premier Leage, with Arsenal loanee Emi Martínez playing instead
Vicente Guaita watched from the bench amid speculation about his future as Atlético Madrid beat Getafe in an ill-tempered match at the Wanda Metropolitano. The 30-year-old goalkeeper was replaced by Arsenal loanee Emi Martínez, who made his debut for José Bordalás' side.
Guaita out of contract in June
Guaita's contract expires in June and, as such, he is now free to negotiate a pre-contract agreement with other clubs ahead of a move for the coming season.
The former-Valencia custodian has been one of the stand-out performers in LaLiga this season, and that has caught the attention of Premier League clubs Watford and Crystal Palace.
Getafe maintain illness caused his absence
Getafe maintain that Guaita suffered a bout of flu in the last few days, and also had a minor finger injury.
Yet the January transfer window represents a final opportunity for Getafe to generate income from the sale of Guaita, if he does not sign a new contact at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez.
Te recomendamos en English
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPICS Thompson-Herah wins women's 100m title and beats Fraser-Pryce
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Spain's late escape, as Brazil line up Mexico
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Team USA into quarters as Durant and Tatum star
- GOLD CUP USA vs Mexico: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system