Coutinho's injury set to delay Barça debut
The Brazilian will undergo a full medical on Monday to acertain the extent of an injury which could delay his first start for a fortnight.
Monday is set to be a big day for Barça's new signing Philippe Coutinho. First and foremost, the former Liverpool player will be unveiled as a Barcelona player after four months of toing and froing between the two clubs. However, the party atmosphere is likely to be tempered by a medical, particularly with reports in England indicating he currently has a thigh injury. Therefore, it would suggest that the Brazilian was not feigning injury to avoid playing for Liverpool in the past few matches and might have to wait at least a fortnight before making his full debut.
Coutinho will have a general medical in Barcelona first thing on Monday morning before undergoing tests to determine the extent of his injury. Moreover, the Barça medical team are reported to be concerned over the possible results and what it could mean for Los Culés's record signing featuring over the coming weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'