Valverde: Real Madrid haven't given up on LaLiga yet
The Barcelona coach has no doubt Real Madrid still feel they can win LaLiga despite falling 19 points behind his side in the table.
Real Madrid have not given up on the LaLiga title despite their struggles this season, according to Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde.
Barcelona made the most of their rivals' latest loss, beating Real Sociedad 4-2 on Sunday.
That restored Barca's nine-point lead at the top and left Zinedine Zidane's fourth-placed side 19 points behind.
Despite that huge margin, Valverde said there was no way Madrid had given up hope of winning the title.
Valverde: "I don't think any team has already given up on LaLiga"
"Maybe Real Madrid can see other teams are closer on the table and they say that but I don't think any team has already given up on LaLiga," he said.
"Atletico Madrid don't, Valencia don't and of course Real Madrid don't think that way despite the fact that the gap is really big and important.
"I wouldn't give up and I think they haven't give up yet."
The win at the Anoeta, set up by a Luis Suárez brace, was Barca's first in eight league games at Real Sociedad's stadium.
Barça end Anoeta hoodoo from two goals down
Barca had to come from 2-0 down and Valverde was pleased with the way his team responded to falling behind.
"It's true that during the first half Real Sociedad were better than us but it's also true we started in a good way. We had the first chances," he said.
"They were effective on their first opportunity and we suffered after that because it's difficult to win here. They started to believe again and they pushed us a lot.
"They are a good team and they were dangerous against our keeper. But the goal we scored before half-time helped us a lot and during the second half we were determined to win and we went for it.
"We believed in ourselves despite knowing that we were in a difficult stadium and against a rival, who has won over us many times before and a team who know how to play football really well."
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history