Barcelona fear Paulinho could have fractured his foot
The Brazilian was forced to quit last night's Copa del Rey tie against Espanyol on 53 minutes. It's possible that he has fractured his fifth metatarsal.
Paulinho Bezerra will be subjected to a series of tests and scans by Barcelona's medical team this morning to determine the extent of the injury which forced him out of last night's Copa del Rey tie against Espanyol. The Brazilian could have suffered a fracture to the fifth metatarsal in his right foot.
Paulinho takes blow to his right foot in Cup clash
Just eight minutes into the second half of Wednesday's quarter final first leg, Paulinho signaled to the bench that he couldn't continue and removed his right boot so that medical staff could apply an ice pack.
After the game, it transpired that the player had taken a knock to his right foot and today's tests will reveal whether he has a fracture or not. If it turns out that he has fractured his metatarsal bone, he could face a month on the sidelines. Barça are expected to issue a medical report at some point today
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops