Chiquito to feature on Leganés' shirts against Real Madrid
Behind the initiative is the online sports betting company Goldenpark.es, who have agreed to sponsor the home team in the Copa del Rey tie.
Later this evening, Leganés will play the Copa del Rey quarter finals for the first time in their history and will do so wearing an image of the late Spanish comedian Chiquito de la Calzada on their shirts as they take on Real Madrid at Butarque.
Chiquito stars on Leganés' shirts for Madrid Cup tie
Behind the initiative is the online sports betting company Goldenpark.es, who have agreed to sponsor the Pepineros in the Copa del Rey and will honour Chiquito, who passed away aged 85 in November.
"It is a great honour that Goldenpark.es have exclusively sponsored our shirt for the Real Madrid game. They have always been by our side, since Leganés were playing in the Segunda división B, they have continually shown their loyalty and unconditional support to the club", Leganés president Victoria Pavón explained on the eve of the tie.
"This tribute is the least we could do. Chiquito revolutionized humour in España and his memory will live on with all of us", Director of Goldenpark's Online Division Elisabet Nogueras added.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series