Chiquito to feature on Leganés' shirts against Real Madrid
Behind the initiative is the online sports betting company Goldenpark.es, who have agreed to sponsor the home team in the Copa del Rey tie.
Later this evening, Leganés will play the Copa del Rey quarter finals for the first time in their history and will do so wearing an image of the late Spanish comedian Chiquito de la Calzada on their shirts as they take on Real Madrid at Butarque.
Chiquito stars on Leganés' shirts for Madrid Cup tie
Behind the initiative is the online sports betting company Goldenpark.es, who have agreed to sponsor the Pepineros in the Copa del Rey and will honour Chiquito, who passed away aged 85 in November.
"It is a great honour that Goldenpark.es have exclusively sponsored our shirt for the Real Madrid game. They have always been by our side, since Leganés were playing in the Segunda división B, they have continually shown their loyalty and unconditional support to the club", Leganés president Victoria Pavón explained on the eve of the tie.
"This tribute is the least we could do. Chiquito revolutionized humour in España and his memory will live on with all of us", Director of Goldenpark's Online Division Elisabet Nogueras added.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"